Bactroban (mupirocin) is an antibiotic medication that works to stop the growth of bacteria in your nose. It may be mixed in the saline solution for nasal irrigation uses. For the medication to work the best, make sure you continue to use it for the full time prescribed. Keep Bactroban away from your eyes. If you accidentally get it in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly.
Instructions for Bactroban Irrigation
In this page, Dr. Jeffrey Ahn will provide instructions for performing Bactroban Irrigation.
1. Wash your hands with soap and warm water before mixing the solution and before irrigation
2. Begin by purchasing a 1 L bottle of sterile saline solution.
3. Add 1/3 of the Bactroban (mupirocin) ointment tube into saline solution.
4. Mix well until ointment is completely dissolved, and let solution cool.
5. Add 100 to 200 mL of solution into Neti-Pot.
6. Rinse nose thoroughly with solution three times a day.
7. Keep solution at room temperature.
If you follow these simple steps, you will notice a significant improvement to your sinus problems.