Sinus & Allergy
Sinusitis is defined as an inflammation of the sinus lining commonly caused by bacterial, viral and / or microbial infections; as well as, structural issues such as ostial blockage. Symptoms include nasal congestion, facial discomfort, nasal discharge, headache, and fatigue.
Nasal & Sinus Symptoms:
- Allergy symptoms of itchy, runny nose, sneezing
- Stuffy nose
- Post-nasal drip
- Chronic cough
- Sore throat
- Facial pressure or pain
- Foreign body sensation of the throat
- Sinus headache
- Diminished smelling ability
- Bad breath
- Allergy skin test: Screening of all types of allergies can be done using a skin test. Results are quickly available within 15 minutes of testing.
- Allergy blood test: Allergies can be double checked and confirmed using blood test called RAST. It also offers opportunity to check food allergies in addition to air borne allergies.
This is a procedure that enables the examiner to examine the inner lining of the nose/throat using a thin, rigid/or/flexible tube called the endoscope. The patient can later view pictures on a screen to have a better understanding of his/her situation.
Allergy Immunotherapy (allergy shots): A completely natural method for treating your allergies.
Over-the-counter and prescription medications:
- Steroid nasal spray
All surgeries are performed using a state-of-the-art CAT scan navigation system to maximize the safety and accuracy of the surgery.
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgeries, using state-of-the-art microdebrider technique that renders post-op packing unnecessary
- Minimally invasive balloon sinuplasty
- “Packing-less” advanced septoplasty
- Turbinate reduction using laser radio frequency and microdebrider with built in internal cautery which allows faster recovery with less crusting